ABC- A Simple Salvation Prayer

The most important thing we will ever do is respond to God's offer of eternal life with Him. This life is a passing moment that will decide an eternity.

ABC's of Salvation

Admit your need-"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

Believe in Christ-"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" (Acts 16:31).

Commit yourself to Christ-"Yet to all who received Him … He gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12)

Think about the three scriptures and say them in your own way back to God.
I do not remember the exact way that I said this prayer for salvation but the following prayer is my example of what I said.
God, I realize I am a sinner, I have followed my own way.
With my understanding I have realized that Jesus Christ is indeed your only begotten Son and that His shed blood has made a way for me to appear before you sinless.
I accept His sacrifice, Jesus shed blood at Calvary as final payment for my sins, and I ask that you fill me with your Holy Spirit and enable me to live my life for you.
In Jesus name, Amen.

I have found that the easy part was giving my heart to God.
From that point on I knew that the responsibility lay with me and no one else as to how fast I learned and grew in the knowledge of God and His blessings for me.
He provided His Spirit to live in me, His written word, the Bible to study and do, and His Living Word Jesus Christ to die for my sins. I have been equipped for the task at hand--my life.
God never forces His will on someone else but always tells us to choose.
I can choose who I will serve, who I will believe in and what I will do with that knowledge.
Part of what I chose through saying the sinners prayer is I chose to have a relationship with Father God and His son Jesus Christ.
Asking Him to fill me with His Holy Spirit gave me the ability to live this life that I have been given. I make mistakes and even choose to do the wrong thing at times, this is called rebellion. But I am in an eternal relationship with God who will allow me to choose and accept the consequences of my choice.
Every relationship has this dynamic, your choices decide the failure or success of that relationship. Every relationship you enter into requires diligence on your part if it is to be successful.
Read God's word...it is your instruction manual.
I have found over the years that even it I did not understand what I was reading in the Bible that if I applied myself to the discipline of getting to know Him, I would eventually have understanding.
Don't give up, keep pressing forward.
God will not give up on you. He is stable. I have fallen many times and each time when I looked up it was always His hand that reached out and picked me up.

It will not be easy, but it is worth it.
~Debbie



To become established in the training of a disciple of Jesus Christ you need to now study the word of God contained in the Bible. I like to read and study the King James version of the bible.

It is God's Holy Spirit that has given you the desire to ask God for your salvation through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.  As you learn and commit to doing God's instructions contained in His word to you, you will begin to change.
Some things will come quite easily and others you will have to apply your will and be obedient to His will.
Determine to follow Him always. This is a decision that only you can make.

Religion is evidenced as men's traditions versus the reality of the Living Word of God effecting a real verifiable change in you. Salvation should bring about a change in you and your behaviour. Salvation is not just a few words said to please others or our self.

Christ accomplished our salvation on the cross through His shed blood and His obedience to God.

Jesus submitted to His Father's will. Our acceptance of the shed blood of Jesus Christ should bring about our own obedience to God's word as well.

The seed of our new birth has been planted in us and manifests itself in the light of God's word working in and through us.

How can we know that the love of God is at work within us, unless there is the manifested fruit of a changed heart by word as well as deed?

We have need to be hearers of His word as well as doers of His word.
I am addressing the day in day out change that should be evidenced in our over all daily behaviour.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Our walk with Christ should be evidenced by fruit, the evidence of a changed heart followed by our actions.

An example in nature.
As a seed grows, it expands out of its shell. In first grade my teacher had the class perform a science experiment to view a growth cycle.
We brought a seed from home, a bean seed. The seed was cocooned in a moist napkin until the shell was softened. Then we removed the seed and planted it in a small milk carton containing soil. Before it was planted we could see evidence of the new growth. There was a small green shoot emerging from the seed. Without moisture, no growth will happen. The Holy Spirit of God supplies the moisture needed for our growth through our application of God's word in our everyday life. The water of His word begins to soften our spiritual shell and prepares us for growth. As we apply ourselves to doing His word, we become rooted and grounded in our faith.

Do not allow the cares of this life to uproot you. As a new creation in Christ Jesus you need to receive the needed moisture and the life giving warmth from the Son through the study and application of God's written Word, the bible.

~Debbie


Galatians 5:22-24 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Deuteronomy 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

All of John 5 and Galatians 5 for your consideration.

Galatians 5: 19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.




Unless otherwise attributed, all art, writing, poetry, posts, and photography, copyright © 2011  Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Would you like to see more of my paintings? Click on http://debbieturnerchavers.com/  Encouragement? http://lolo-livingoutloudonline.com/ or http://debbieturnerchavers.com Would you like to hear a bible story read to you? Click here http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieturnerchavers
Scripture references taken from the King James bible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For The Joy Set Before Him

The Shepherd King

The Mind of Christ