Invisible Walls, Luke 4:18, Setting the Captives Free





Invisible Walls, Luke 4:18, Setting the Captives Free
© 1996 Debbie Turner Chavers
My Initial Art Journal Sketch


Each person may have walls that have been erected within and around them. A box made of invisible walls. The walls could be self -built. For some, only the wisdom found in God’s word reveals the box. So many people remain in bondage, waiting for their release. The King of Kings, Jesus Christ has paid for and Holds the Keys to set them free.

I was “a them”. I sketched myself naked, enclosed and sitting in a puddle of tears. For this was my life before the Risen, Lord Jesus set me free.

The box or boxes can have many names. Fear, Anger, Depression, Sexual Sin, Self Sufficiency, Pride, the list can be quite long. Jesus will set you free. He died and rose again to give you life everlasting, freedom to accept the unmerited favor of His grace and His shed blood for the removal of your sins.

Revelation 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 19:12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Luke 4:17-21 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.And he closed the book, and he gave [it] again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

In Luke 4:18 Jesus announced liberty. A people in bondage rejoice to hear of freedom. He came to set you free. I had accepted Christ as my Savior several years previous to His revealing the “Invisible Walls “of my boxes to me. Sometimes a box may be readily evident to others, yet invisible to us. As I read the Word of God, He began to reveal my boxes and my need to accept that He held the lid open on every one of the boxes.

~ Debbie
© 2013 Debbie Turner Chavers


You can read more articles featuring this Art Parable...
Shackled...to Freedom
Free Indeed!

All art, writing, poetry, posts, and photography, copyright © 2013 Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Encouragement? http://lolo-livingoutloudonline.com  Scripture references taken from the King James version bible. If you would like to listen to a bible story http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieturnerchavers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For The Joy Set Before Him

The Shepherd King

The Mind of Christ