"Feed my Lambs, Feed my Sheep"


Feed My Lambs, Feed My Sheep
© 2005 Debbie Turner Chavers


Close- up of grain with Scriptures for Feed My Lambs, Feed My Sheep
© 2005 Debbie Turner Chavers
In the scriptures of John 21, Jesus reminds his disciples (children) of their first job. Simon Peter and many of the disciples were fisherman.

Mark 1:16,17,18  Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.
And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him.


After Jesus was crucified they returned to fishing. In the painting the blue represents the water(sea of Tiberius), the loaf and the grain represents the written Word. The red bowl, represents Jesus Christ's shed blood.

Jesus, gently reminded Simon Peter of what he was to be doing. He asked Simon Peter three times "lovest thou me?" Simon Peter had denied Christ three times and when Jesus returned after His resurrection He gave him the opportunity to confess his love for Him these three times.

Simon Peter was to be a fisher of men not a fisherman.


John 21:15  So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

John 21:16  He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

John 21:17  He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
~Debbie Turner Chavers
© 2009 Debbie Turner Chavers

You can read more articles featuring this Art Parable...
Repost of Feed My Lambs, Feed My Sheep
Preparation and Persistance in Study and Prayer 
Walk in the Light
Freely You Have Received
Pray-There Is Power In Agreement

All art, writing, poetry, posts, and photography, copyright © 2009  Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved.  Encouragement? http://lolo-livingoutloudonline.com/   or http://debbieturnerchavers.com .Would you like to hear a bible story read to you?  Click here http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieturnerchavers
Scripture references taken from the King James bible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For The Joy Set Before Him

The Shepherd King

The Mind of Christ