Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone


Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone
© 2006 Debbie Turner Chavers

Luke 4:4  And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Jesus suffered many things while here on the earth. After 40 days in the wilderness and being tempted by the devil, he was hungry. In all decisions He honored His Father by His obedience.  Eat God's Word to be strong in the Lord.
I love to eat on my screened back porch during warm weather. One day as I was enjoying lunch at my small bistro table, I decided to read some of God's word as I ate my lunch. The afternoon sun was shining across my hand as I lifted the fork to my mouth. I saw my hand and fork as a shadow across the pages I was reading at that time and I heard this scripture in my heart.
Daily as we interact with the Lord, He speaks to us in our everyday life. Look around you and your situation. What is He speaking to you in His word. Take the time to feed at His table.
I have never left hungry.

~Debbie Turner Chavers
© 2009 Debbie Turner Chavers


You can read more articles featuring this Art Parable...

All art, writing, poetry, posts, and photography, copyright © 2009  Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Encouragement? http://debbieturnerchavers.com Would you like to hear a bible story read to you? Click here http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieturnerchavers
Scripture references taken from the King James bible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mind of Christ

For The Joy Set Before Him

The Shepherd King