Cleansed and Redeemed- My Initial Journal Sketch



Cleansed and Redeemed, The Initial Sketch from my Journal
© 1996 Debbie Turner Chavers

Lately I have been thinking about the many ways that God teaches us and opens our eyes to His Truth, Christ Jesus.  A scripture admonition came to mind and I decided I needed to post some, if not all of my journal sketches pertaining to my Art Parables. 
1 Corinthians 1:21  For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

For years I have waited to show them to a wider audience  due to waiting on the ability to have them painted instead of just sketched.  But recently I recognised my pride concerning the matter.  It is the Holy Spirit who gives one the eyes to see the Art Parable not the painter :-)! 
So I may change a few of the sketches during the final painted rendition but I am going to post the initial images that God gave me over the years.  I trust He will minister to your heart, soul, and spirit that which is necessary to see what He would have you to understand and to perceive.  A few of my paintings changed a bit as I started to paint them because I was at a a different place in my understanding of God's word when I finally painted the initial sketch.  I am usually in a hurry to get my first impression written or drawn as He ministers His word to me.

Cleansed and Redeemed
Matthew 11:5  The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Luke 7:22  Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

Initially,I saw people from all over the world, from every walk of life entering the stream of His shed blood, totally immersed and arising in their robes of white.  Salvation through our acceptance of Christ Jesus shed blood at Calvary  removes the stains of our sinful humanity and clothes us in His Righteousness.  We arise in newness of life for eternity.  Cleansed, Redeemed bought by the Blood of The Lamb, Christ Jesus.

Romans 6:4  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

~Debbie


You can read more articles featuring this Art Parable...
A Robe of Righteousness-One Size Fits All
Eat. Drink. Rest. Eat. Drink. Rest
Cleansed and Redeemed 
Poem: Shoes of Peace

All art, writing, poetry, posts, and photography, copyright © 2013 Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Encouragement?  http://debbieturnerchavers.com
Scripture references taken from the King James bible. If you would like to listen to a bible story... http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieturnerchavers



Popular posts from this blog

The Mind of Christ

For The Joy Set Before Him

The Shepherd King