Cast Your Cares

 Cast Your Cares
                         © 2014 Debbie Turner Chavers


1Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.


Casting all my care.  I have heard this  scripture many times over the years but was recently shown its meaning in a different manner.  Life tends to try to weigh us down with a net of cares.  Everyone has a care of some sort or a multitude of cares.  God never meant us to be weighed down with care.  JESUS warned us to take no thought for tomorrow in a worrisome way.  On some days it is a struggle to obey this admonition.  When I was shown this art parable by the Lord, I was having one of those days.
I was discouraged and feeling overwhelmed by many things that only God could fix.  Each way I examined the care, the more impossible it appeared and so I became discouraged.

The Holy Spirit, as He often does, reminded me of God's word found in 1 Peter 5:7.  As the scripture came to my attention, I agreed with the Lord and said out loud, "Lord, I cast all my care on you, because you said you care for me."  As I said this, I saw a net of  words, my cares, being cast into a brilliant light in front of me.  As the net of words fell into the light, they disintegrated. POOF! As though they had never existed.
The painting "Cast Your Cares"  contains several written cares: children, age, bills, parents, health, addictions, sins, fears, and money.  As those and others are cast into the light of His word they lose power to strip you of your peace.  His peace which passes understanding. Agree with God, cast your care, for surely He careth for you.

~Debbie

You can read More articles featuring this Art Parable...

Repost of Cast Your Cares
Martha, Martha-Time to Refresh
A Prayer of Holy Rest

Matthew 6:25  Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Psalm 55:22  Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Psalm 36:9  For with thee is the fountain of life: In thy light shall we see light.

Luke 1:79  To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.




All art, writing, poetry, posts, and photography, copyright © 2014 Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Encouragement? http://lolo-livingoutloudonline.com Scripture references taken from the King James bible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For The Joy Set Before Him

The Shepherd King

The Mind of Christ